Friday, May 8, 2009

022 - vcd rot

vcd rot & Bruce Lee the Game of Death

I have a movie which I purchased on VCD format maybe 5 years ago? The complete movie is spanned over 2 cds. This is typical for a VCD movie.
Yesterday, I went to watch it but neither disc would play past 5 minutes. There were no scratches nor markings on the surface, but I could see abnormal/irregular concentric rings.
Perhaps this is a type of media disc rot.
Now I have to look for another copy. (note; my VHS copy is still good! and it is much older).

on a similar note
last month on you tube i looked at this fight sequence with Kareem Abdul Jabbar fighting bruceLee. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcQ0cGOG0U

ok. awesome;

last week i dig up my vcd of the movie. It wouldn't play. It has been victim if disc rot! (both discs).
so, next i dig up my archive vhs copy of the Game.of.death & it plays like a charm.

The producers edited the Kareem A-J fight totally different than the youtube link above. They spoiled it. The other thing they did wrong was putting at the end, the fight level was with Stieger (the guy with the walking stick). This should have been the proper sequence:

A. Steiger
B. Judo Guy
C. Dan Inosanto
D. Kareem

if you look around on Youtube you can find much lost/unused footage for the game of death. I just found some more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvdSbMW_F8 ;this is the fight with Inosanto. look at the 2 extra fighters. There must also have been a change in the plot from the released version of the movie.

No comments:

 
*re-jcpmaone-blogger* *re-jcpma-lv-cm-histats*