Saturday, May 30, 2009

026 - Inouk winter boots

here is my bit on INOUK brand of winter boots


-


- I purchased these Inouk brand of winter boots in the early 1980's. I can't remember what store they were from, but I believe they are made in Canada! (Most shoes and clothes nowadays are made in China.) The retailer was either one of these: Woolco, Eatons, Sears, SAAN, MacLeods, Zellers, Kinney, Gallenkamp. I don't believe they were from Army & Navy's department store. My memory fails me.

Check out the neat logo that will be left in the snow by the sole of the boot:


These shoes were put into storage until Autumn of 2008. They were in pretty good shape (Canadian-made quality of course!) but I started wearing them again in a warehouse environment and they are scuffed up now.


The photos are here in Photobucket.com:
Photobucket . inouk boot,logo

http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/jcpma/inouk-boots/
-
-

The only website that I found another pair of Inouk boots are here:
http://daggerdebs.blogspot.com/search?q=inouk

(Search engines also point to ebay.com, but the items' auction has already expired or the shoes have already been sold).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a fantastic, brand new pair of INOUK books at a thrift store in Victoria. They are my dreams boots!! Just thought I'd share.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous, Thanks for sharing your story! I guess only people, who know what wonderful workmanship goes into these footwear, are people who own a pair. (and we are few.)
Thanks again.
JCPMA

 
*re-jcpmaone-blogger* *re-jcpma-lv-cm-histats*