Saturday, October 9, 2010

068 - Preferred Way of Dealing with Pictures on Blogger

My preferred way of dealing with pictures on Blogger

I haven't blogged for a while & had forgotten how un-fun (not fun; unenjoyable) it was to add a small/medium sized picture to a Blogger post.

Yesterday, I uploaded some small pics for a tutorial to Blogger. The pics have small print on them.
When I finished the post. I realized that clicking on the pictures would not enlarge them to their normal size nor any larger size. So, today, I had to upload the same pictures to another webservice. (I used Photobucket.com). Next I painstakingly linked the Blogger pics to the new Photobucket links. Coding, even simple html coding, is not that fun. It took some time but I finished it.

Blogger uses its sister-site Picasa.google.com to handle posted pics. You get 3 choices of picture size when you upload; they are small, medium & large. I used "large" in this example, and it wasn't big enough to my liking.

Another reason which frustrated the process, is that adjusting the placement of photos/pics on your post is very non user friendly. The editing "Compose" window is small, and "dragging" your pics, especially large pics to another area on the blog is very difficult, if not impossible. I ended up moving 3-4 pics successfully by dragging; the remaining 2 that I had to move was done by using the "Edit Html" window.

Here's the suggestion of this post.
  • Upload your pics to another web-service if you have more than 2-3 pics.
  • Make sure the web-service has either hot-linking or webpage/blogpage friendly embeddable links
  • The ones I like to use are:
- Photobucket.com
- Tinypic.com
- Mediafire.com
I heard Flickr.com is a good one to use; You need to have/open a Yahoo account to use Flickr.

No comments:

 
*re-jcpmaone-blogger* *re-jcpma-lv-cm-histats*